Wednesday 18 April 2012

Trucks

I loathe the Chimera chassis. I can't help myself. It looks like a fat man with a small head. Ghastly.


Consequently, I decided that I would like to cobble together some Cargo-8s to use as proxies or using the Vehicle Design Rules of yore.


Mooching around the internet, I found these as a good start-point for inspiration:


This is exactly how I envisaged the Cargo-8 - pintle cannon, soft-topped, and laden down with baggage
The Morris C8 Tractor:




The Scammell Pioneer:



I then took the 'truck' idea and ran with it, since I liked the idea of a semi-motorised army. What about scout trucks of some sort for formational reconnaissance?

A Tamiya 1/35 'Pink Panther' Land Rover:



A Tamiya 1/35 Long-Range Desert Group Chevrolet 30cwt truck:




Others had clearly had similar ideas before me, although I didn't really like their execution:

Too Smurf

Just no.
But then I found Bungaroo's exquisite work on Warseer....


These were a bit more like it, but still not quite right:




So I bought one of the Tamiya 'Pink Panthers' and went to town. I even built a light box, although the results were bitterly disappointing. This is what my prototype looks like at the moment:







No comments:

Post a Comment